Tuesday 18 March 2014

I AM OVERWEIGHT

Ok - exercise #2 - work through each statement every day and ask the questions - is this true - really true - how can I choose to change it or use it or embrace it.  Dialog with your thought

So thought #1 was - I am overweight and I need this to change so I can feel better about myself.

Well it is true that I'm overweight.  Well according to this world standards anyways.  I have been reflecting on what we see as beautiful.  I am not talking health or exercise or diet here.  I am just talking shape - so it could be argued that if you ate and exercised properly you would have your proper weight but what I'm saying is why can't I look in the mirror and see beautiful?  Who decided this wasn't beautiful.  And if I am to live my life in the now, awake, alive in each moment - how can I do that if I never feel good enough?

So I have a few options here.  I could commit to a regime of healthy eating and exercising and get myself to where I need to be.  Then I could see how this makes me feel.  Or I could work on the inner stuff and hope it gets me some peace and then leads to my ideal body weight.  Can I feel better about myself at the size I am - and when do I feel the most insecure - when I am out in the public eye, and why because I guess it matters what others think and it totally pisses me off that I need validation from anyone.

I AM BEAUTIFUL. I AM GORGEOUS.  I AM SEXY.  I AM DESIRABLE.  I AM AMAZING.  I AM BEAUTIFUL.  I AM PRETTY. \

Hmm but do I believe it.  I think I need some time to contemplate.

No comments:

Post a Comment